What can you do to lower your auto insurance costs?
At HCC, we strive to find you the best policy for the best price. The insurance world is constantly changing and our Account Managers work diligently to make sure that our clients are getting every discount available. Here are a few of the discounts available to help you save money on your Massachusetts Auto Insurance Policy:
- Bundle your Auto & Home policies: You can save as much as 22% on your home and another 10% on your auto if we write all of your policies with the same carrier. Some carriers even offer a discount if our agency writes it with a different carrier within the agency (albeit for a smaller discount).
- Increase your Collision or Comprehensive deductible: This is the fastest way to save money on your auto policy. If you can afford a higher deductible, ask us about increasing it to save you money. If an accident is not your fault, the collision deductible is waived in most cases. It is also possible that you have a Disappearing Deductible option on your policy. You can earn credits each year for clean, accident-free driving, up to $300!
- Paid-In-Full Discount: You can save 10-12% if you pay the annual premium prior to the effective date.
- Annual Mileage Discount: You can save up to 25% depending on how many miles you drive per year.
- Multi-Car Discount: Insuring more than one vehicle on your policy can give you a 5% discount on some coverages.
- Good Student Discount: If you or one of the listed drivers is a student who has been driving less than 6 years with grades of B or better or a GPA of 3.0, you can get a discount.
- Student Away from Home Discount: If you have a student living more than 100 miles away from home for school or college, you can get a discount.
- Motor Club membership: If you are an AAA member, you can get a discount on your auto policy with some carriers.
- Charitable Donation: If you donate at least $50 to PanMass Challenge, you can get a 5% discount with Mapfre Insurance.
- Paperless Discount: If you sign up to be paperless, most companies will offer a discount.
- Advanced Driver Training or Drivers Ed can get you a sizeable discount as well.
- Purchase a Personal Umbrella Liability Policy: This is a separate policy that would cover over and above the liability limits on your home and auto. Some of our carriers give an additional discount if you have this policy.
Coverages and discounts are constantly changing and new ones added all the time. We want to ensure that you have the right protection and that you are taking advantage of the many discounts and benefits available to you. Contact your us today to review your policy.
Ready to Discuss Auto Insurance?